PLEASE NOTE: I've moved! Feel free to continue following me via my new blog Embrace Serendipity.

**All tutorials & the majority of the posts from this blog have been moved over to my new blog**



Aug 26, 2012

Birthday Friends Card

Hello once again fellow scrappers!  Today's project is one I don't do very often--a card!  As you can see it's not your typical card--after I made it I realized that you probably wouldn't be able to fit this card into any nomal envelope!  So I guess it's made for putting in a padded envelope or for giving to someone in person.  Just added way too much dimension on this one!

I did a lot of matting and went with very simple to hardly any coloring at all with this one.

The stamp is called 'Friends Don't Mind' & is by Tom Allen.  His stamps used to be sold via Cornish Heritage Farms--but that is no longer the case.  At this point I wouldn't know where to find his 'kritter' stamps.  They were really cute!
Where I really added some bling was to the balloons.  I used a glue pen to color in my balloons and one by one glittered them with coordinating glitter.  I tried to get the best picture as possible--in person these balloons are very shimmery.

I kept the critters in the stamped image pretty much to the black ink they were stamped in.  All I did was add a bit of pink color to the flowers in the background and I also added a dot of Diamond stickles to the center of each flower to dress them up more.

With a Perfect Pearl pen by Viva Decor I added those pearly dots all around the border of my image.
This mini vine is actually a vine I bought from my local Michaels some time last year around Valentine's day.  I trimmed it a little & placed it behind my stamped image.  I then adhered a ribbon to it and added a handmade paper flower to the center of the ribbon.
I tucked a bit of light pink tulle underneath the two flowers to soften the card a bit.

My image is matted on card stock cut with Spellbinders circle & scallop circle dies.

A very simple card to give to a special friend or special someone in my life!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

4 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Kay I love this! What gorgeous matting and the bling on the balloons is great. All of those embellies look amazing up the top too...maybe you need a little box to put it in :) hehe

Unknown said...

Kay this is so beautiful! I am like you, I don't do cards very well and when I do they are so bulky I can't fit them in the envelope!...lol! oh well..hope you are well :))xx

Angi Barrs said...

Wowza! This is super gorgeous. Love the cluster of flowers. And thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today. Hugs!!!

Waseem said...

Kay this is so beautiful! I am like you, I don't do cards very well and when I do they are so bulky I can't fit them in the envelope!...lol! oh well..hope you are well :))xxGift Card envelopes